Minimum suggested donation $10
All films are in Spanish with English subtitles
Festival curated by Carlos Gutierrez of Cinema Tropical and sponsored by Embassy of Spain in Washington, SPAIN Arts & Culture, Embassy of Mexico in Washington, Mexican Cultural Institute, Cinema Tropical, and Cuban Interests Section in USA.
Festival Community Partners: AFI Silver Theatre & Cultural Center, DC Commission on the Arts & Humanities, Latin é, Smithsonian Latino Center, DC Independent Film Festival, and Women in Film & Video.
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE FESTIVAL FLYER HERE
Register at GALA or on Eventbrite.
This year our festival is titled "LA NUEVA OLA: FILMS FROM MEXICO, CUBA & SPAIN" showcasing some gems from the film arts.
WED 12/3 MELAZA (Molasses) from Cuba - DC Premiere!
- 6 pm Opening reception for the exhibit by Cuban visual artists Joaquín Pomés Figueredo and Virginia Schofield Reguero
- 7:30 pm Film with post discussion and reception courtesy of the Cuban Interests Section in the USA
THU 12/4 TRYOUTS (2013) Spain (Official selection 2014 SPAINred Short-Films Competition)
THU 12/4 Short Film Award Winner & MAPA (Map) from Spain - DC Premiere!
- 7:30 pm Films with post discussion and reception courtesy of the Embassy of Spain in Washington
FRI 12/5 LOS INSOLITOS PECES GATO (The Amazing Catfish) from Mexico - DC Premiere!
- 7:30 pm Film with post discussion and reception, featuring leading actress Lisa Owen, courtesy of the Mexican Cultural Institute
SAT 12/6 LOS NIÑOS SALVAJES (The Wild Children) from Spain - DC Premiere!
- 2 pm Film with post discussion
SAT 12/6 JUAN DE LOS MUERTOS (Juan of the Dead) from Cuba
- 7 pm Film with post discussion
SAT 12/6 QUEBRANTO (Disrupted) from Mexico - DC Premiere!
- 9:30 pm Film with post discussion
SUN 12/7 AVENTURERA (Adventuress) from Mexico
- 2 pm Classic film