We are proud to announce that GALA has raised $4.1million to complete the first phase of the build-out of its new permanent facility in the historic Tivoli building.
GALA is deeply grateful to our project partners – Horning Brothers developers, SmithGroup architects, and Dorsey & Whitney law offices – as well as all the foundations, corporations, and individuals who helped make this dream come true.
Click here to read about our restoration of the Tivoli theatre.
The distinguished members of GALA's capital campaign committee are:
- Janet Farrell, Vice-President not-for-profit banking, M&T
- Elizabeth Lisboa Farrow, CEO, Lisboa Inc
- Ernest Skinner, formerly of Citibank/Citigroup
- Barbara Gordon
- Lynne Horning
- Joel Atlas Skirble, president of Atlas Group
- John Fitzgerald, Tenacity, Inc.
- Abel López, former Chair, board of directors GALA Theatre
Honorary members are:
- The Honorable Javier Ruperez, former Ambassador of Spain
- The Honorable Grace Napolitano, Congresswoman; Honorable Eleanor Holmes Norton, Congresswoman
- Jim Graham, Ward One, D.C. City Council and the Ibero-American Association of Cultural Attaches