Updated: 5 days ago
We value first and foremost the health and safety of our patrons, staff, and volunteers. In preparation for the start of GALA's 45th Anniversary Season, we have enacted procedures for safely reopening our doors in September. These guidelines are in adherence with the DC Mayor Muriel Bowser’s reopening plan and follow the Centers for Disease and Prevention Control (CDC) recommendations:
1) The theater, lobby, dressing rooms and bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily during the run of performances.
2) All high-traffic areas, doorknobs, and other communal surfaces such as armrests, banisters, and counters, will be disinfected before and after every performance.
3) Hand sanitizer and disinfecting hand wipes will be readily available at the lobby.
4) All theater staff and volunteers will be required to wear masks. Bartenders will be required to wear masks and gloves. Patrons must wear masks at all times, except when seated enjoying a performance.
5) Tickets will be available by reservation only. GALA will accommodate up to 75 guests per performance, or 26% capacity of seating during Phase Two. During Phase 3, GALA may increase seating capacity.
6) Entering theatre: Patrons can line up outside the street level entrance and be let in in small numbers, respecting social distancing. Subscribers are encouraged to use the garage entrance, which will be open until 10 minutes before showtime. For wheelchair access, please use the street level entrance.
7) Patrons will show their electronic tickets (on their phone or devices) or printed out tickets to the box office manager,. Goldstar and Today Tix purchasers will be on a list and checked off as they come in. They will be accommodated in keeping with the social distancing practices in place.
8) Patrons will be seated immediately. Our seat assignments will respect the social distancing rule of 6 feet between patrons (every 5th seat). Patrons who have been quarantined together or live together may request, when they reserve their tickets, to be seated together in a group.
9) Tickets can be exchanged for future shows in the season.
10) A limited amount of printed programs will be available by patrons who can get them from an usher or volunteer wearing gloves. Playbills will be available electronically and can be printed out from our website if so desired.
11) The house will open forty-five minutes before showtime. No more than 15 people (15% capacity) will be allowed in the lobby at a time. This may change with changing regulations for social distancing.
12) Drinks can be pre-ordered. One person per group can come to the bar to pick up drinks or patrons can have a server, wearing gloves and a mask, bring the drink to their seat.
13) Intermission will be extended to twenty minutes to allow more time for everyone to use facilities.
14) GALA will provide additional front of house personnel to control the use of restrooms and no more than two people at a time will be let into the restrooms.
Stay well and we look forward to seeing you at the theater during our 45th season.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. GALA Hispanic Theatre is working with you, its patrons, to employ preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Despite these measures, the risk of contracting the virus could increase by visiting our theatre. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. Please note the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises that older adults and people of any age who have other underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. By visiting GALA Hispanic Theatre, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.